Friday, March 31, 2017

Flannelboard: Rainbow Stew

If I come up with more rhymes and songs to go with this set, the post will be updated to reflect that. If you have ideas for other ways to use the set, please share!

Flannelboard



This flannelboard was a lot of fun to make and to share. I've seen the flannelboard a few places, but I decided to add my own little addition to it with cream and clouds at the end of the rainbow. Happy little clouds make it look more complete and even more adorable! Sadly, it is the wrong time of year to find a cheap plastic cauldron to mix the rainbow stew in. Had I been thinking I might have been able to find one before St. Patrick's day, but as it is, there were none to be found. I just temporarily covered a big yogurt tub with black felt, but I'll keep an eye out for a cauldron come Halloween, or maybe I'll make a felt one! I used this for my colors storytime and soup storytime.

Songs, Rhymes, Games, and Fingerplays

"Rainbow Stew"

(Tune: Jimmy Crack Corn)

Take an apple, put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest red you ever did see!

Take an orange, put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest orange you ever did see!

Take a banana, put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest yellow you ever did see!

Take a pear, pit in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest green you ever did see!

Take some blueberries, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest blue you ever did see!

Take some grapes, put them in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest purple you ever did see!

Take some cream, put it in the put
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What do you see? Two fluffy white clouds as happy as can be!

What did  we make with our rainbow stew?  A magical rainbow for me and you!

Source: Modified from Storytime ABCs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    It looks like I already pinned this set a few weeks ago--not sure if I messed up and it wasn't included in the roundup, but anyway. I'll pin it to the This Week pinterest page, but I'll skip adding it back in to all the other pages since it's on them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it got pinned, but I hadn't submitted it for anything until this week, so I'm not sure what happened with that! No big deal either way :)

      Delete