Thursday, December 7, 2017

Flannelboard: Bear in the Lair

If I come up with more rhymes and songs to go with this flannel set, the post will be edited to reflect that. If you have other ideas for ways to use this set, please share!

Flannelboard


I used this board for my hibernation and camping storytimes. I am honestly a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone else use this idea. I found a lot of hibernation themed storytimes for inspiration, but none of the flannelboards were quite what I wanted for the theme. I eventually latched onto the idea of a “Mouse in the House” variation with a sleeping bear in a den. I decided to keep the rocks for all the dens grey and just change the colors of the moss and foliage around the den. 

Rhymes, Songs, Games, and Fingerplays
“Bear in the Lair”
“Sleepy bear, sleepy bear, are you in the (color) lair?”

Source: Written by me!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun game! I love the different colored caves. Did you follow a clip art pattern?

    Thanks!

    -Jessica
    Storytime in the Stacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't follow a pattern. I draw all the art for my flannels myself :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I can barely make a felt strawberry using a pattern. I bow before your amazing felt talent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just takes practice! At least my undergraduate degree in art is getting some use! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Great minds think alike! I came up with the same thing in December 2016 for a January 2017 story time. Like you, I didn't find anything like it. I came up with "Where, oh where is the sleeping bear?
    Is he in the red lair? (then continued with blue, yellow, orange, purple, green). I made each den a different color, but I LOVE what you did with yours!
    For a craft, I used a brown lunch bag to make a den and the children glued leaves and a sleeping bear cut out inside and they glued cotton on top for snow. :-D I'd attach a picture, but I don't see that I can do that.

    ReplyDelete